Sunday, January 15, 2012

Sunday afternoons are so delicious.

...Delicious in that I get to sit back, enjoy lots of peaceful quiet time in my pretty living room.

Also delicious in that I often use them to make delicious food to consume.  or to devour, as the case may be.

This afternoon I made the most amazing salted chocolate cookies, which I found here. While you're there, you should check out her lovely blog.  I could peruse it for hours.  So much beautiful real food, beautiful writing, and beautiful photographs.  Plus awesome links to explore.  And, I would love to read her book sometime. Sounds right up my alley.

Speaking of delicious food, I also ate some leftovers of this sweet potato minestrone, which was submitted to the blog by my lovely friend Katie Temus Merrill, which I made last night and ate with this super easy and delicious homemade bread (I work part-time for the woman who writes this blog, by the way) and butter. Yum.

I also spent my afternoon listening to the rest of this excellent podcast on LDS females and sexuality, which I highly recommend to every LDS female everywhere that ever was.  Not to be dramatic. ahem. I had the privilege of attending her lecture last fall in Salt Lake (thank you roommate Elisa's mom!), which was very empowering and a good reminder of many ideas I've heard touched on before in conversations with my friends. What a blessing her research is and has been to so many!  Sheesh. There are so many amazing women for me to look up to in this world, and in my LDS community.  I never cease to be impressed by the amazing women I am surrounded by who are always seeking after truth, after progress, after the best versions of themselves, and who aren't afraid to rock the boat a little bit at times. (If you want more resources regarding LDS females and sexuality, check out the links in the description of the podcast.  Lots of interesting info there, as well.)

Finally, as I listened to the podcast above, and ideas of vulnerability and it's role in building relationships came up, I was reminded of this inspiring TED talk by BrenĂ© Brown, called The Power of Vulnerability, which I have embedded below for your enjoyment and enlightenment! That, in my opinion, is also delicious. 



Happy Sunday, everyone! 

No comments:

Post a Comment