Saturday, May 26, 2012

ensalada deliciosa

I made the most delicious salad for lunch today.  While I don't typically share recipes on this blog, I do want to remember what I did today, so that sometime in the future when I am feeling uninspired I can maybe make this same thing.

I threw together:

lettuce
pre-cooked brown rice (leftover from the night before)
black beans (also leftover... I had soaked and boiled up some dry beans a few days before)
fresh tomato
avocado

(I think it would have been really yummy to also add some queso fresco or other cheese, some corn, cilantro... other things of that sort)

then for dressing I just threw on some kosher salt, olive oil*, and lemon juice.

mixed it all together, and voila! Delicious, super easy and fast lunch.





*While we're on the topic of olive oil, you should read this. We recently ran out of olive oil, so when I went to buy some more, I looked for olive oil with those specifications. Sure enough, it is SO delicious! It seriously tastes fruity! And very fresh. Which I love. Plus, fresher equals more nutrition! Woo!

No comments:

Post a Comment