Monday, January 7, 2013

another new song.

The beginning lyrics of this song remind me of my childhood on the island. Sometime I'll have to write down some of the stories I remember from that part of my life. It really was a magical, magical place to grow up.

Either way, I've listened to this song many times over the past few weeks. It is just so peaceful and calming.

p.s. please excuse the lame graphics on the video. I couldn't find any good videos for this song, and I didn't like the official video as much as the version I heard initially on spotify. But my desire to share this song with you outweighed my embarrassment, so here you go!)




I was a little girl 
alone in my little world 
who dreamed of 
a little home for me. 

I played pretend between the trees, 
and fed my houseguests bark and leaves, 
and laughed in my pretty bed of green. 

I had a dream 
That I could fly from the highest swing. 
I had a dream. 

Long walks in the dark 
through woods grown behind the park, 
I asked God who I'm supposed to be. 

The stars smiled down on me, 
God answered in silent reverie. 
I said a prayer and fell asleep. 

I had a dream 
That I could fly from the highest tree. 
I had a dream. 

Now I'm old and feeling grey. 
I don't know what's left to say 
about this life I'm willing to leave. 

I lived it full and I lived it well, 
there's many tales I've lived to tell. 
I'm ready now, 
I'm ready now, 
I'm ready now 
to fly from the highest wing. 

I had a dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment